Interventions inevitably generate imbalances in the market that will force the government to either repeal the existing interventions or extend them in the futile attempt to use new interventions to compensate for the distortions its prior interventions have created, until finally the market has been supplanted by the command economy through a process of incremental expansion of the regulations and controls.
Economic prosperity is not achieved by taxing the “rich”—such as the plans to wipe out billionaires—and giving some of their wealth to those who have been less productive and therefore have less wealth.
If you need an accurate update on some of the madness at the nation’s institutions of higher learning, check out Minding the Campus, a nonprofit independent organization.
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is solvable, and we can secure American interests in the Middle East, but there’s no shortcut.
Karl Marx’s stubborn political staying power also requires that we grapple with his theory in an intelligent fashion and that we engage him seriously even if we judge his conclusions wanting.
“We should measure welfare’s success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.”
Underlying the political collectivism of the anti-Columbus crowd is a racist view of human nature.
“Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House, but on what happens inside your house.”
The new religionists tout environmentalism, feminism, multiculturalism, and welfare statism.
- How Can an Atheist Support a “Religious” State Like Israel?
- The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is Not Fundamentally About “Stolen” Arab Land
- NBA Kneeling To China Demonstrates That Freedom of Speech is Imposible Without a Free Market
- NBA Values: Standing with China, Silent On Irresponsible Fathers
- The Palestinian Movement vs. Freedom Loving Palestinians
EU & BREXIT
- Stossel Interviews Democratic Presidential Candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
- The Democrats Who Cried ‘Impeach!’
- Elizabeth Warren’s “Accountable Capitalism” Is More Dangerous Than Bernie Sander’s “Democratic Socialism”
- Communist China, The Trump Presidency and The Democrat Totalitarian Threat
- Senator Harris “Wins” the Milking Taxpayers for “Free Stuff” Contest
MONEY & BANKING